I am a masters prepared counselor and board certified coach with over 30 years of experience in education and mental health. Through the eight years that I’ve been in this practice I have coached hundreds of students and adults who needed to increase their productivity while still enjoying their life. My intention is to create a safe and nurturing environment for my clients to learn to recognize, be responsible for and ultimately celebrate the way their brain is wired.
How I Started Working with ADHD folks
It was during my time as a school counselor, that I noticed that some very bright and capable students were not able to show, through their grades, how talented they really were. I spent years researching why this was, with some of the foremost authorities on ADHD and executive skill function. I developed a student training and support group that included training and consultation sessions for the parents. I saw my students’ blossom in confidence, motivation, organization and improved self-esteem. The biggest surprise was how quickly they made changes with very minimal skill training and support.
Many parents were relieved and hopeful after only one information meeting. They had a framework for understanding and meeting their child where they were, that replaced the confusion and frustration that previously had occupied their mind. They also began to identify their own issues with ADHD and executive skill weaknesses and used coaching to improve their home and work life. Many felt they finally understood why life had been so stressful for them!
Education and Credentials
- Master of Arts, Counseling – Marshall University
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology with Minor in Business: University of Charleston
- Board Certified Coach – College of Executive Coaching
- National Counselor Certification – American Counseling Association
My students have attended the following schools
- Baylor University
- Texas A&M
- Blinn College
- University of Texas at Dallas
- St Thomas University
- Stephen F Austin State University
- Houston Community College
- Iowa State University
- Lonestar Community College
- Louisiana State University
- Southern Methodist University
- Texas Christian University
- The University of Texas at Austin
- The University of Houston
- Sam Houston State University
- Depauw University
- University of South Carolina
- Rice University
- University of Houston School of Law
- South Texas College of Law
- Trinity University
- Texas State University
- University of Texas at Austin
- San Jacinto Community College
- Miami Dade Community College
- St Edward’s University
- New York University
- and others…
About Me Personally
I live in Brenham, Texas on a small farm with my husband of twenty five years. My daughter is a second grade teacher in a title one school and my son is in his senior year at the University of Texas. We have an active family life and enjoy spending time together. I grew up in the coal fields of southern West Virginia for which I give credit to both my love of nature and my contemplative style. I enjoy gardening, caring for my chickens, cows and goose and traveling to new places.
I look forward to working with you!
Give me a call for more information at 713-557-7979 or make a free 25 minute consultation on the online scheduler.